The following Lake Hopatcong Fishing Report came in from Dow’s Boat Rental on (08/13/2019) and covers the last Knee Deep Club Contest.
Making their way to the scales this week on Lake Hopatcong were:
- 3 lb. 5 oz eel, caught by Alan Tourinsky of Mt Arlington
- Eddie Mackin also weighed a Hybrid Striper at 7 1/2 pounds
- Jack Dziduch, fishing with live herring, had several hybrids, the largest up to 8 pounds
Speaking of Hybrid Striped Bass, The Knee Deep Club next contest will be on Sept 21st & 22nd.
NJ’s DEP has lifted another of their Swim Advisories, concerning the blue green algae, adding Byram Cove to Indian Harbor & Henderson Cove, with more areas expected to be lifted this week.
Check out the Shop Local Campaign to find a 15% off coupon for bait, tackle & boat rentals, from Dows Boat Rental.
Results of the Knee Deep Club Catfish Contest
Over the last weekend, the Knee Deep Club held their annual Catfish Contest on Lake Hopatcong with a great turn-out of 49 entries.
- 1ST Place Alex Stockton (Hopatcong NJ.): 6lb 1oz White Cat $391.00
- 2ND Place Lou Marcucci (Mt Arlington NJ.): 5lb 2oz Channel Cat $236.00
- 3RD Place Justin Haines (Jefferson NJ.): 5lb 2oz Channel Cat $157.00
$20 Jefferson Diner Gift Cards
- 4th Place Sean Harbrich 4lb 6oz Channel cat
- 5th Place Kirra Gilfillan 3lb 14oz Channel cat
- 6th Place Glenn Sawyer 2lb 13oz Channel cat
Rod and reel winner Christian Swenty 1lb 1oz Brown cat
How to Join Shop Local: If you are a business within the Hopatcong, Jefferson, Mount Arlington or Roxbury areas contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-288-1865 to join Shop Local free of charge.
How to Use Shop Local: Just Print or have a copy of the Coupon on your Cell Phone to show when purchasing from local businesses.
How to Get your Shop Local Picture Online: When every you purchase from a Shop Local Businesses take your picture and send it to #ILoveLH #LHShopLocal or email to email@example.com.
History of Shop Local:
Shop local was started by the Lake Hopatcong Foundation in 2013 as a way to support local businesses and to encourage the communities around the lake to think of the lake as their “downtown,” creating a more cohesive community around our lake. Hopatcong Lake Regional News stepped in in 2019 to keep this important initiative running and take it to the next level.
Comments powered by CComment