Roxbury Tax & Utilities Collector
- 1715 Route 46, Roxbury Township 07852, New Jersey
The Tax & Utility Department prepares tax, municipal sewer and municipal water bills and maintains an accounting of all tax, municipal water and sewer collections and enforces the collection of delinquent municipal charges through foreclosure of municipal tax liens and municipal tax sales.
In New Jersey, the local municipality is the agent for billing and collecting taxes due for school and county taxes. Only the Local Municipal Purpose tax shown on your bill is kept by the township for operational expenses.
Billing Information – Taxes
Property tax bills are mailed out once a year in July. The property tax bill should be given to a new owner or paying agent upon sale or exchange of the property. There is a $3.00 charge for duplicate bills.
Preliminary and Final Taxes
Your tax bill consists of four quarters: the 3rd and 4th quarters of the current year and the 1st and 2nd quarters of the upcoming year. The 1st and 2nd quarters (Preliminary Taxes) are based on the prior year’s tax rate and are equal to one half of that year’s taxes. The 3rd and 4th quarters (Final Taxes) are adjusted to conform to the tax rate for the current year.
Added Assessment Bills
Added assessment tax bills are for new construction or improvements to an existing structure that are sent out once a year in October and are to be paid in addition to your regular tax bill.
Current year taxes – All appeals must be filed with the Morris County Board of Taxation, Hall of Records, in Morristown, NJ, on or before April 1st. Forms can be obtained by writing to the Court Board of Taxation. Appeals for Added and Omitted Assessments must be filed before December 1st.
Property Tax Relief Programs
There are two separate property relief programs which are administered on the state level. They are:
- Property Tax Reimbursement Program (Senior Property Tax Freeze) For further information and requirements, please call (800) 882-6597 or visit their website
- Homestead Credit – Eligible homeowners received their Homestead Credit for 2013 as a credit on their 2016 Property Tax Bill.
- The filing deadline for 2014 Homestead Benefit Applications is November 30, 2016
- For further information and requirements please call (888) 238-1233 or visit their website for more information.
Please login to view all listing details!