More than fifty students from the Eisenhower Middle School Encores and Harmonies singing groups went over to the Roxbury Senior Center at Horseshoe Lake to perform a medley of songs for the Roxbury Seniors group on Thursday, May 10th.
EMS vocal music teacher, Jessica Harrison Calderon, introduced the individual music groups and her colleague Dan Salyerds who handled percussion to a room full of avid listeners.
Mrs. Harrison shared how this was her fifth year coming to the Roxbury Senior Group with her students to perform for them.
The EMS Harmonies sang three pieces:
- Gerakina arranged by Henry Leck
- Heart, We Will Forget Him! with music by Laura Farnell and words by Emily Dickinson
- Canto de Pilón arranged by Cristian Grases with words and music Traditional from Venezuela
EMS Encores sang four pieces:
- Son de Camaguey, a Cuban Folk Song arranged by Stephen Hatfield
- How Can I Keep Singing? with text from a Quake Hymn arranged by Gwyneth Walker
- Hit Me with a Hot Note with words and music by Duke Ellington and Don George arranged by Mac Huff
- This L’il Light of Mine arranged by Anthony T. Leach
The students were excited to indulge in the homemade goodies provided by the seniors after performing.
The EMS Encores co-ed performers were Alex Brinkman (Gr 7), Steven Burns (Gr 8), Alexis Castro (Gr 8), Brendan Coulthurst (Gr 8), Andrew Darling (Gr 7), Ariana Dasappan (Gr 8), Marjory DeOliveira (Gr 8), Skye Desjardins (Gr 7), Jacki Ezra (Gr 8), Jean-Pierre Falquez (Gr 8), Jessica Fromme (Gr 8), Holden Kozak (Gr 8), Matthew Kudler (Gr 8), Seth Lines (Gr 8), Shannon Massage (Gr 8), Ava Milsom (Gr 7), Emma Milsom (Gr 7), Miah Moore (Gr 8), Amy O’Halloran (Gr 8), Kamiye Ogunyankin (Gr 7), Carter Olmsted (Gr 7), Ethan Olmsted (Gr 7), Evan Paddock (Gr 7), Michaela Sokolowski (Gr 8), Joelle Tone (Gr 8), Eliana Tumminello (Gr 8), and Kasuni Wick (Gr 8).
The EMS Harmonies all-female performers were Jaylis Arcentales (Gr 8), Ashley Attieh (Gr 8), Aliah Barone (Gr 8), Francesca Bindel (Gr 8), Mia Canzonieri (Gr 8), Danielle Doherty (Gr 8), Ugonna Egbuchulam (Gr 7), Ashley Eng (Gr 7), Alanis Figueroa Diaz (Gr 7), Camila Gil (Gr 7), Azalia Goitia (Gr 8), Justine Grady (Gr 8), Isha Gullapalli (Gr 7), Samantha Klinosky (Gr 8), Erin Kovalcik (Gr 7), Samantha Kyle (Gr 7), Mariana Leal (Gr 7), Vivian O’Connor (Gr 7), Daniela Palmucci (Gr 8), Mikayla Provenzano (Gr 7), Emily Rawlinson (Gr 8), Alexis Rivera (Gr 8), Heather Schaab (Gr 8), and Paulina Zamora (Gr 8).
These students along with others in the EMS Choirs performed earlier this week in the spring vocal concert at Roxbury High School.
For EMS music events and information, please visit www.wix.com/roxburymusic/ems.
Upcoming events from the Roxbury Performing Arts Department include:
- Advanced Dance Recital – May 12th at 7:00 p.m. at Roxbury High School
- All-District String Concert – May 15th at 7:00 p.m. at Roxbury High School
- EMS Band Concert – May 16th at 7:00 p.m. at Roxbury High School
- HS Band Concert/Dinner – May 23th at 7:00 p.m. at Roxbury High School
- Memorial Day Parade Marching Gaels – May 28th
- RHS Vocal Recital – May 30th at 7:00 p.m. at Roxbury High School
- Lincoln/Roosevelt Spring Concert – May 31st at 7:00 p.m. at Roxbury High School
- EMS Honors Band Concert – June 5th at 7:00 p.m. at Roxbury High School
- RHS Dance Recital – June 8th at 7:00 p.m. at Roxbury High School
Click here to watch Harmonies and Encores performance from this event on our YouTube Channel.
Comments powered by CComment