Lake Hopatcong Foundation: B-SAFE dock numbers are a simple way to help create a safer lake. Dock numbers provide a "lake address" connected to each property's 9-1-1 street address. If an emergency occurs on or near the water, an accurate location can be reported using the nearest dock number as a reference point.
B-SAFE (Blue Signs Are For Emergencies) dock number fall order now open
These attractive, weatherproof aluminum signs are blue with white reflective numbers. They do not contain any personal information and can be mounted to your dock, boathouse, post, or tree, anywhere it can be seen easily from the water.
Dock numbers also make great holiday gifts and housewarming or host gifts (all you need is the street address for the property's sign you want to purchase)!
Order by October 1 for fall delivery.
How the program works
- If an emergency occurs on the water, ice, or land CALL 9-1-1.
- Locate the nearest dock sign and provide the number to the 9-1-1 operator.
- Emergency resources will be sent to your location.
- Landowners can report a water emergency and the 9-1-1 operator will be able to translate the street address to a water location.
- Your posted number will provide an easy way for friends to locate your dock.
Comments powered by CComment
- Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
- Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times
- Reading Mode