Headed by our club member Norma Rung, the effort has contributed items such as toiletries, undergarments, clothing of all types including socks and shoes, winter coats and more (all clothing items must be new with tags).
Recently, a list of newly requested items has been received from the Lyons Campus and distributed to our women’s club members. As a member of the community, you too can help. Donations can be dropped off at the Hopatcong Community Resource & Wellness Center, Hopatchung Rd (Walgreen’s Shopping Center). Call for hours: 973 810-3238.
Newly requested donations:
- Gift cards (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, etc.)
- Keurig K-Cup Coffee and Can Coffee
- Snacks (commercially packaged/individually packaged to include pudding for Veterans who suffer from dysphagia)
- Store cards (Shoprite/Stop & Shop) and/or gift cards to be used for frozen food items for the Veterans receiving care under the auspices of the CLC (Community Living Center)
- Headphones that wrap around the Veterans ears
- Oreo cookies (packaged in 2 packs)
- Dish Soap
We thank you in advance for anything you can do to help.
All local women looking to form new friendships and to find a special niche or pet project of interest are encouraged to contact Membership Chairperson Lisa Hirschfeld at 973-479-9228. To learn more about the NJSFWC (New Jersey State Federation of Women's Clubs), visit the Federation website at www.njsfwc.org and to learn more about the GFWC (General Federation of Women's Clubs), visit www.gfwc.org. For info on our local Club, visit www.HopatcongWC.webs.com or LIKE us on Facebook!
Comments powered by CComment