Eight persons have been arrested, mostly from New York City, in connection with maintaining a marijuana production facility that operated out of a Randolph office complex, according to an announcement today by Morris County Prosecutor Fredric M. Knapp.
During November, Randolph Police detectives obtained information about a potential marijuana grow facility located in an office complex on Route 10 in Randolph. After an initial investigation by local detectives, a subsequent joint investigation was initiated between Randolph Police and the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office Special Enforcement Unit/Narcotics Task Force.
This investigation culminated last week, on Nov. 22, when investigators seized approximately 266 marijuana plants, as well as marijuana ready for packaging and distribution. The estimated street value of the illegal drugs that were seized is in excess of $1 million.
In addition, approximately $4,000 and several vehicles were seized as a result of the investigation. Detective Matt Pfeiffer of the Randolph Township Police Department was the primary detective in charge of the investigation.
- Juan T. Addison, 46 of Hillside, NJ
- Mario E. Ramos, 51 of Glendale, CA
- Lila V. Wroblewski, 20 of Jersey City, NJ
- Niazja E. Rios, 28 of Bronx, NY
- Cecilia A. Payne, 28 of Bronx, NY
- Makeda A. Price, 26 of Bronx, NY
- Karolina Gajdek, 23 of Bronx, NY
- Rafaelito A. Ortiz, 37 of Brooklyn, NY
They all were charged with the following indictable offenses:
- One count of first-degree Maintaining and/or Operating a Controlled Dangerous Substance Production Facility, specifically an indoor marijuana grow facility with more than 50 plants.
- One count of first-degree Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance with the Intent to Distribute.
- One count of fourth-degree Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance.
Prosecutor Knapp thanks the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office Special Enforcement Unit/Narcotics Task Force, the Randolph Township Police Department, and the Morris County Sheriff’s Office for their efforts in this investigation.