The first phase of the Lake Hopatcong Trail has been built and blazed and is now open for hikers to enjoy!
This first leg of the planned 40-mile trail stretches about 9 miles beginning on the Morris Canal Towpath across from Hopatcong State Park in Landing. It winds through Hopatcong Borough, with several spurs to access the trail, all the way to the Prospect Point Preserve in Jefferson. Now that it’s open, volunteers are needed for ongoing maintenance.
If you would like to adopt a section of the trail to maintain, please see the trail sections and map below and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to add your name to the list and receive a trail maintainer guide and forms.
- Beginning to B: Hopatcong State Park to Hopatcong Senior Center
- B to C: Hopatcong Senior Center Spur to Hilltop Field Complex Spur
- C to D: Hilltop Field Complex to the Middle School
- D to E: The Middle School to Hopatcong High School
- F to I: Veterans Field Spur to Highlands Trail (NOT including Durban Ave. School Spur)
- G – Durban Ave School Spur to Main Trail
- H – Leo Avenue Spur to Main Trail
- K to J: Camp Trail Spur to Brooklyn Mountain Road
- J – Brooklyn Mountain Road Spur to Main Trail
- I to Maxim Drive (also Highlands Trail)
- Maxim Drive to L – Mountain Inlet
- L – Mountain Inlet Spur
- L to M: Mountain Inlet to Prospect Point Preserve
Comments powered by CComment