Hopatcong Lake Regional News is pleased to continue to provide the weekly Fishing Report for the Lake Region to help inform you on what’s biting and where. Our guest author is Dows Boat Rental and Bait Shop.
Weekly Update From:
Dows Boat Rental and Bait Shop
45 Nolan’s Point Rd, Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
Dows Boat Rental and Bait Shop reports:
Lots of nice crappie being caught on small jigs:
- With Marcin Supinski and Stanley M. catching their limits over the weekend with no problem.
Also making their way to the scales:
- Mike McMahon with an 8 lb 7 oz Largemouth caught on a spinnerbait and released in excellent condition
- Jimmy Welsh with a 6 lb 8 oz walleye
Lots of Hybrid Striped Bass also being caught on chicken livers and herring. Don’t forget that Knee Deep will be having their Hybrid Striped Bass contest on Saturday, Sept 23rd until noon on Sunday, Sept 24. Cash prizes will be awarded for the top 3 heaviest fish. Have a great week...
Upcoming Fishing Contests:
- The Knee Deep Club will be holding their Fall Hybrid Striped Bass contest on Sept. 23rd & 24th and their fall walleye on Oct. 7th & 8th. Cash prizes will be awarded for the 3 heaviest fish, with gift certificates going to 4th, 5th and 6th place
- The last event will be the Fall Walleye Contest on Oct. 7-8. The biggest Walleye caught so far, this year was 10 pounds, 8 ounces, caught by Frank Lo Saro on June 22.
Comments powered by CComment